DHI UK & Ireland is very pleased to invite you to the DHI – UK Symposium 2018.
This free event is your opportunity to learn more about the varied applications of our modelling software, and our complementary technologies, through client-led presentations. The Symposium provides an excellent opportunity to meet DHI experts, as well as your contemporaries from consultancy, academia, regulatory authorities and research organisations.
We will be starting this year's event with drinks reception and conference dinner, hosted by DHI UK & Ireland, on the evening of Tuesday 11th September 2018. We encourage everyone to arrive on the 11th to relax with a drink, good food and some informal networking
The main event will start at 9:00am on the Wednesday 12th September 2018. This day will be your opportunity to tell everyone how you have been using MIKE software over the past 12-months, share newly acquired knowledge and innovations, learn how we use our software, and network with your peers. Lunch will be provided, and the day will finish around 4:30pm to give you time to travel home. You are more than welcome to stay on later if you wish to meet with us face to face.
On Wednesday 12th September 2018 there will be a full programme of presentations. These will include:
- Henrik Refstrup Sørensen, DHI. Henrik is DHI's Vice President for our Digital Portfolio. Henrik will deliver our key note presentation describing DHI's current and future technology offerings. Henrik will show how our latest technology is already been used by clients around the world and explain how the latest technology could benefit you, or your end clients.
- Niall Hall, Environment Agency who will give an introduction to the Environment Agency extreme offshore wave, water level and wind conditions data sets, transformed to nearshore for events covering up to the 10000 year extreme coastal event, available to all for use in local studies.
- Deborah Tyrell, Environment Agency who will talk about developments in pollution risk forecasting at the Environment Agency.
- Nicola Howe, Risk Management Solutions (RMS) who will describe their use of the MIKE software. RMS run the MIKE software in a Linux environment.
- Adrian Bell, RPS Group who will speak about computational and physical modelling of the Alexandra Parade seawall at Peterhead Harbour.
- Rhys Coombs and Mark Cramman from CC Hydrodynamics who will tell us about some of their work using computational hydrodynamics.
- Oliver Way, WSP who will describe some recent work undertaken.
- Vera Jones, Atkins who will talk about a study which explored options to improve the water quality of the River Almond. This project initiated by Scottish Water to improve the water quality of the river, bringing it into compliance with the Water Framework Directive Environmental Quality Standards and Fundamental Intermittent Standards.
- Keming Hu, RHDHV who will talk about applications using MIKE 3, some successes and challenges.
Tuesday 11th September 2018: Drinks reception from 6pm, Dinner from 7:30pm.
Wednesday 12th September 2018: Symposium from 9:00am.
Participation in the event is free of charge. This includes:
Tuesday 11th September 2018: Drinks reception & Evening meal
Wednesday 12th September 2018: Symposium participation and Lunch.
Bed and breakfast is available at the venue (at a rate of 100 GBP per person per night if you mention DHI when booking) or you can choose to stay at nearby hotels. We can provide further details as required.
The Moat House Hotel,
Lower Penkridge Road,