For the first time outside of Germany, DHI Water & Environment, Inc. will be holding their FEFLOW International User Conference in Golden, Colorado USA on December 3-6, 2018. This triennial event brings together FEFLOW users of all levels for four days of training and sharing experiences using the leading groundwater modeling software.
What makes this conference unique is that FEFLOW users have the opportunity to present their work to their peers. Users interested in making a 15 minute presentation on a specific FEFLOW application are invited to submit an abstract via the website through June 15, 2018.
An array of keynote presenters will set the stage for understanding the vast potential of this modeling software. Keynotes include:
- Dr. John Doherty, developer of FePEST and Director of Watermark Numerical Computing Pty. Ltd
- Dr. Tissa H. Illangasekare, AMAX Distinguished Chair of Civil and Environmental Engineering with Colorado School of Mines, Director, Center for Experimental Study of Subsurface Environmental Processes, and President, International Society of Porous Media (InterPore)
- Dr. Martina aus der Beek, Deputy Head of the Hydro and Environmental Geology Group at K+S and leader of the Numerical Modeling Competence Center in Germany
- Paul J. Martin, Principal Engineer, Modelling Practice Lead with Matrix Solutions, Inc. Paul is recognized one of the most experienced regional-scale groundwater modellers in Canada and is internationally accredited as a groundwater-modelling expert by the United Nations.
The conference concludes with two days of hands on training workshops from FEFLOW experts and developers. A preview of the types of workshops to be held at this event include:
- “Better Use of Models in Decision Support: New Developments in PEST and PEST++”
- “FEFLOW 7.2 / FePEST 7.2 – Cloud Platform Deployment using Docker Containers”
- “FEFLOW - Flow and Mass Transport Modeling”
“Pick My Brain! Open Q&A Session for Advanced FEFLOW Users”
FEFLOW is widely recognized as a comprehensive software package for subsurface flow and transport simulation. FEFLOW’s unique mesh capabilities (structured and unstructured) allow the highest degree of flexibility to account in detail from simple to complex geometrical configurations. The software is used by leading research institutes, universities, consulting firms and government organizations all over the world. FEFLOW’s scope of application ranges from simple local-scale to complex largescale modelling. Application areas include water management, mine water, saltwater intrusion, geothermal energy, and variably saturated media.
For more information on the 2018 FEFLOW International User Conference, please visit: http://events.dhigroup.com/feflow-2018/