A total of 15 participants representing consultancy companies, universities and institutions as well as our DHI engineers from Singapore and regional countries attended our training course on dynamic analysis of moored vessels using MIKE 21 Mooring Analysis (MA) tool.
Through a mix of lectures and hands-on exercises, participants learnt the fundamentals of mooring analysis and how to set up a moored ship in a port which is subject to environmental forcings such as waves, currents and wind.
‘Well-organised, interesting and useful training course. There are not many types of software available in analysing mooring systems in the jetties and ports that works as easy as MIKE 21 MA.’
- Haryo Dwito Armono, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Indonesia
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to mooring analysis
- Theoretical background and application areas of MIKE 21 MA
- Frequency response of a moored vessel
- Convergence of a moored vessel
- Generation of external forcings (for example, waves)
- Using MIKE 21 MA in time domain
- Processing and interpretation of results
- Visualisation of vessel movements in 3D
- Hands-on exercises
The participants were impressed by the high quality of our trainers, the comprehensive programme and the advanced functions of the MIKE 21 MA software.
For more information on upcoming courses and tailored courses, please contact email@example.com